User scripts

DeletedUser1612

I am curious about the ban on user scripts. Has any thought been given to eventually lifting that?

For context, I was a big player, which had a rich ecosystem of scripts that enhanced the play experience. The predominant use of these tools was to enable doing things with few clicks (or keystrokes) that previously required many clicks. You could choose and add which scripts were important to you based on your play style. It was a big time saver, and made it a lot easier to focus on the more interesting parts of play without spending a lot of time on UI minutiae. Some scripts were focused on information analysis, aggregating specific data more effectively than the game UI did and, again, saving the user time. An example was a script that calculated incoming attack speeds which I had previously done (honestly!) using a pencil, paper and calculator.

Scripts that replicated premium game functionality were prohibited, and there were occasional mass bans of players who used them.

I realize that it might make sense to ban scripts temporarily, for beta and early releases, because the developers are still flushing out bugs and don't need the noise of people reporting script bugs -- also, it is useful to get more honest feedback on the client UI as is. But as things stabilize and the company starts spending more time on forward feature development rather than bugs, relaxing the script ban would mean play experiences can improve faster and more effectively than the company can provide on its own.

DeletedUser926

Inno already stated that they would no allow user scripts, which is as well a good point to avoid the many bots that existed in TW1.
IF they include all the needed features in TW2, that won't be a problem.