Investigating Tempus Fugit / Tempus - Bugs

Azzandra

Senior Moderator
Tribal Wars 2 team
As has been announced within this thread, Tempus Fugit will have some differences compared to the previous worlds. Because of this, there might be some new bugs that will only be encountered on this world. This thread is specifically for bugs that are encountered on Tempus Fugit, and should therefore only be used for that world. Keep in mind that we will only reward crowns towards the first reporter of a new bug. Bugs that are either awaiting confirmation or have been confirmed therefore can't be claimed by someone else.

Confirmed bugs

Unconfirmed bugs
  • Set tribes color problem in android app -> reported by @Slytzel
  • Error title: False Night Bonus text in the Android app -> reported by @Slytzel
  • (Android) Error title: Server time -> -> reported by @Slytzel

Each post for reporting a bug regarding Tempus Fugit should consist the following form:

Default bug reporting form
Title: (A brief summary of the issue)

Part of the game: (Examples: UI/overview/premium/graphics/etc)
Browser: (Examples: Firefox32.0 /Google Chrome / Internet Explorer / ...)
Operating system: (
Examples: Windows, Mac)
World(s): (
Tempus Fugit)
Description: (Describe the issue fully and clearly)

The issue:

How it should be:

Reproduction steps: (Which steps does one need to undergo in order to expierience the issue?)

1. Step 1
  2. Step 2
  3. Step 3
  4. Step 4
  5. ...
Screenshot: (A screenshot is always handy for visualization)

For every bug reported and confirmed we will grant the reporter 100 Crowns here on Beta. This reward can be claimed multiple times, so if you report 3 bugs, you earn yourself 300 Crowns.

Last edited:

Azzandra

Senior Moderator
Tribal Wars 2 team
Tribe limit visually shows a base of 20 members whilst this should be 10 members
Screenshot_116.png

Azzandra

Senior Moderator
Tribal Wars 2 team
Within the tribe skill 'strength in numbers' the skill shows 20+5 whilst this should be 10+5.
Image Pasted at 2021-1-12 13-17.png

Azzandra

Senior Moderator
Tribal Wars 2 team
Base tribe member count should only allow for 10 members without any skills, however more than 10 people can join currently
Screenshot_117.png

Slytzel

Title: Set tribes color problem in android app

Part of the game: graphics
Browser: Android App
Operating system: Android 10, OneUI 2.5
World(s):
Tempus Fugit
Description: When I change the color on the map of another tribe in the app, the color of the villages of my tribemates changes, too. When I reset the color, my tribemates are still colored. Only when I restart the app the problem disappears.

The issue: This is confusing.

How it should be: Only the selected tribe's villages should be colored.

Reproduction steps: Go to the profile page if a tribe and click "set tribe colors". Select a color.

Screenshot: In the picture, the village "Hall of fame" should not have changed it's color.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210113-191100.jpg
    Screenshot_20210113-191100.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

Slytzel

2 more small bugs regarding the "Night Bonus":

1. Error title: False Night Bonus text in the Android app

Part of the game: UI
Operating system: Android 10, OneUI 2.5
World(s):
Tempus Fugit
Description: When, inside the timeline, I hover over the icon for the Night Bonus in my browser, it shows me a text that tells me, that the Night Bonus is starting/ending at that time. In the App, there is of course no such feature, there is no text that shows up when I tap on the symbol. Maybe that is the reason why the devs missed, that there is a text to this icon in the app as well. It also shows up, but only when the Night Bonus happens at the same time as other events. In that case the Night Bonus icon and others are combined into one symbol, and when you tap on it, it shows all the events at that time with a description. The description of the starting night mode is false however, it states "Enable special graphics for Night Bonus". When I tapped on the arrow, nothing happend, so this text is probably a relict from earlier in developement, when a nightmode for the graphics was planned.

The issue: This text needs to be fixed, so that it resembles the browser version.

How it should be: It should state, that the Night Bonus starts (or stops, if the same mistake happened here).

Reproduction steps:

1. Make sure, multiple events happen around the same time as the Night Bonus starts (like armies returning home)
  2. Open the timeline by tapping on the arrow on the bottom right of the screen.
  3. Tap on the symbol that stands for the Night Bonus and the other events.
  4. If necessary, scroll down to find the Night Bonus entry.
Screenshot: Look at the attachement.

2. Error title: Server time
This is, I think (?) not a bug, but it is noteworthy anyways: it seems like the server time does not apply to the app. As seen in the attachement, in the app on my phone the Night Bonus starts at 00:59, not at 00:00. My timezone is one hour different, and my phone a few seconds off it seems. This can lead to confusion, which is the reason why server time was implemented in the first place. So pleace let the devs know, that it needs to be activated/implemented in the app as well, this is an annoying oversight. I know not all features of the browser are in the app, but this should be considered part of the bare minimum.

3. Error: Bonus: As you can see in the attached picture, in the table in one column the heading is buggy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210113-233649-min.jpg
    Screenshot_20210113-233649-min.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

Azzandra

Senior Moderator
Tribal Wars 2 team
I will have 1 & 2 looked into and also check if the iOS version of the game gives the same results, as for number 3, the broken head within that screen is something i've forwarded earlier based on a report on the .nl Market :p.

DeletedUser12101

Title: missing package number

Operating system: S9, Android 10, Game Version 1.97.3
World(s): Tempus Fugit
Description: missing package number, how many resources are in the package.

The issue: see screenshot:
without number.JPG

How it should be: there should be a number how many resources are in the package.
Looks like:
with number.JPG

Reproduction steps:
  1. I can't reproduce the problem step by step. I think you get the problem if you get a low resource package to your inventory.
Extra information: The package has more than 1 ressource :)

Slytzel

Question: The bugs I reported are so far unconfirmed by InnoGames. Once they are, will I get 100 crowns for each and if so, how long will this take?

Azzandra

Senior Moderator
Tribal Wars 2 team
You will recieve 100 crowns for each yeah, that part shouldn't take long. Confirming might take a while, since i can't confirm everything myself, I can only cover Iphone / PC related issues myself, so i gotta wait for someone else to look into it when it concerns android :p

Slytzel

Since I know, that people at InnoGames are iPhone lovers, I will report this Android bug although it is pretty easy to spot ;) : when setting the colors on PC for the villages of a tribe, they are different in the App, so the tribes have a different color in the App than in the Browser.
Also: my tribemates and right now me have had multiple times the issue, that we were attacked but the Android App did not give any notification, although all notifications are turned on and the other notifictions work. This is a known issue for years, and just in the last week we have lost many troops to this, it feels unfair and frustrating.

Azzandra

Senior Moderator
Tribal Wars 2 team
The notifcations bug is a known one for both iOS and Android, i know its frustrating and a long term bug, i've heard many about it. Regarding the other bug, will have that looked into. I'm a iPhone lover indeed, but just a volunteer like other mods :D

Slytzel

That was not meant as an offense ;-)
Another 2 bugs, one in the browser, so maybe I can have at least some crowns for Gwendoline and nobles after waiting forever apparently?
Title: Tribe window is buggy

Browser: Opera, probably the others, too
Operating system: Windows 10
World(s):
Tempus Fugit
Description: When you open the window of another tribe, you get only two tabs, one with general informations, the other with the member list. For your own tribe, there are more tabs, the forum and the diplomacy f.e. and you can see more infos in the tribe profile page. If I open another tribe's window and then the one of my tribe without closing the other tribes window, I see a version of my tribes window as if I was not in the tribe. This only occurs when I click on the tribe logo at the top of the screen, not the bottom one with the level.

The issue: I cannot see my tribes infos.

How it should be: I sould be able to see all tribe informations with all tabs.

Reproduction steps:

1. Open another tribes window,
  2. Click on the tribe logo at the top of the screen
Screenshot:
Bild_2021-01-28_012826.png

Slytzel

Next issue: Always when I start my Andorid app (most recent version on my Galaxy Note9, Android 10 One UI 2.5) it does not work at first. When I click on anything like messages, the game loads... and loads... and loads forever it seems. But when I cancel the loading and tap on it again, it is immediately loaded. I had this issue on my former phone as well, that was on Android 9 or 10 I guess.

Also, always when I start the game since an update years ago, right after starting there is a weird short black screen where the game is seemingly loading. The music starts, which is why I noted, that the phone does not react to lowering the volume when in this screen. Only once the black screen is over the volume lowers accordingly. That is annoying when I start the game somewhere and the music starts way too loud and I cannot lower it for a brief moment.

Slytzel

Is anything going to happen here? I do not want to be impolite, but we were promised crowns for bugs. I have not heared anything, and the world here os basically over.

Kr33log

Community Manager
Tribal Wars 2 team
Hi Slytzel,

sorry for the late answer.
We're checking which bugs are new so you can get the crowns, and which bugs are known bugs.

Kr33log

Community Manager
Tribal Wars 2 team
Question: The bugs I reported are so far unconfirmed by InnoGames. Once they are, will I get 100 crowns for each and if so, how long will this take?
You can create a support ticket for the crowns!
Thanks for reporting those bugs!