New Idea Spreading out rewards for beta server worlds

Ken

I have played three worlds now and have noticed a trend for people to jump on the obvious winning tribe early on. To me the idea of the Beta world is for you to test new ideas and see how things may work for the other worlds. 3 months is a short amount of time compared to the other worlds and the pool of players is allot smaller. If the rewards were spread out to the top 3 tribes, I think it would give a better idea how things might work on the other servers. That way 3 tribes would be competing longer instead of the world basically being over in the first month or less. Even if it is just a small reward for 2nd and 3rd tribe, it would make the beta worlds more fun and probably more insightful for the developers and moderators. Just an idea, Ken

dutch pirate

Senior Moderator
Tribal Wars 2 team
Thank you for the idea. We tried to prevent the number 1 tribe getting too many members by spreading the total prize over the tribe as a whole (so the price per person will be lower when there are more members in a tribe). Other suggestions to Kens idea?

Ken

The world was pretty much over by a month at most. Everyone who was larger jumped on the winning/tribe ahead for the most part and the last two months were pretty boring for everyone. I would bet the main players hardly even showed up or grew the last month. A more competitive setting would give you better results I would think for your new ideas/changes. I know there were some hardcore people who refused to quit and played until the end, but who the winning tribe would be was pretty obvious real quick.

Ken

The problem to me is that your beta worlds have a very small player base. You are making it smaller with your reward to the top tribe (divided evenly). Spreading out a little of the rewards as participation rewards to the top three tribes might bring in more members. Hard to use as a base/test server when you get such a little data set. Your rewards in theory, should spread out the players between tribes. I think they caused a reduction in the actual players willing to play the beta world(s) instead.

DeletedUser14050

Hello I would like to add something here instead of giving out more or less of a prize why don't you go with something more appealing. The beta servers are very low in population my suggestion is get rid of the tribe perk strength in numbers (literaly doese nothing to make the gameplay more fun and from what I seen only 1-3 points gets put into it to finish the server) make every tribe to 25 players. this way a tribe is maxed out at 25 players wont kill the server everyone joining the winning tribe. Theres roughly 100-200 players so can easily get 8 to 10 tribes actually fighting this way. You can replace strength in numbers with something else for example increase resource production 2% per lvl at lvl 10 will be 20% will be like a prosperity boost active for the tribe at all times or you can do resource protection where the Wearhouse saves the defender a bit more resources. Just a idea let me know what ya think