Rejected Spies and Market Carts

DeletedUser1736

Can you please added spies and market carts into the unit tab... it would be a quick way to just see how many current carts and spies that you have in each village without having to zoom into each independent village to look at the current numbers. Also, it would be a great way of creating a "shortcut" to open that building to manage it like we can manage troop production from our barracks and Hall of Orders also without having to enter the village view.

DeletedUser894

Personally i think the market needs a make over, it is hard to balance your villas, a function like the resource balancer is needed in my view.

DeletedUser80

I agree, Zaen. I will suggest to our devs, that they have to cast an eye on the market.

Further opinions?

DeletedUser894

It isn't easy to use the market. My ideas on improving it are:

1. Be able to have presets so it is easy and quick to set up trades.
2. Be able to see all villas and current res like you can in TW1, both on the map (when hovering over your villas) and in the market.
3. Be able to send directly to your own villas or even tribe mates (when L20 is reached) from the market. Maybe a search and send feature for the tribe? This would help to speed up send of res to tribe mates in need.
4. Have a resource balancer that does a similar job as the TW1 does. Would save a lot of time and effort when you have large numbers of villas.

Am sure i will think of more ideas. Maybe we could have a sticky like we do for the in game forums to gather all ideas in one place.

DeletedUser924

You are supposed to be able to see the number of spies in the overview units section. I Know its bugged and not showing actual numbers but i don't get the point of asking for a feature that is already in play. merchants can be seen in the overview combined screen. so both of these are already in existence.

EDIT
to add to zean's list. can the code be rewritten to allow for 00:00:00 as an input even if it won't allow it as an output. When i try to type in a time for how long i want to wait because the scroll bar is just useless, the moment i type in the 2 for my 24 it takes me straight to the end. an if i delete the one it brings it right back. its annoying to have to highlight and type rather than just click and type. and this goes for all sections including the number of offers to accept. i can't delete the 1 to make it a 5 i have to highlight it.

DeletedUser1736

Samuri 4 life;n24601 said:
You are supposed to be able to see the number of spies in the overview units section. I Know its bugged and not showing actual numbers but i don't get the point of asking for a feature that is already in play. merchants can be seen in the overview combined screen. so both of these are already in existence.

I find the overview to be sort of cumbersome, for me personally it's helpful to see the numbers for a specific village just like how I can see the numbers of how many units that I have with the unit bar. From your point it's almost saying that it's ridiculous to have the unit bar and basically saying that we should just use the general overview for units too so lets just do away with the unit bar that we have. I find that many of your comments are actually quite negative and not helpful for being constructive for a better tw2 game experience. Sorry, but do you really want to have to open up a separate window for every little thing when you go to your different villages or would you rather just be able to have a quick glance at what you have while your managing each of the villages?

This is why I have suggested for implementing spies and market carts into the unit bar when we are looking at the general map point of view. Also, as I mentioned it also servers for being able to open the market and spies windows that we would otherwise have to zoom into each individual village to manage. You can't manage production of spies or market trades from the overview window like you suggested.

DeletedUser924

Well if you asked then yes i would say that. in fact i would say lets do everything from the overview screen because that is how TW has been in the past. Why should i go anywhere else when i have everything on one screen? and once you open the overview screen you don't have to open it again you simply click the arrows cycle through and every village is right at your figure tips. but you were asking that they put these things in the unit "tab" not "bar" which means the point of opening a new window is the same regardless. and you may have your right to say all my comments are negative but i would highly recommend you recheck your definitions because the fact is negative is not applicable. I may have a different style than you do and that may seem bad in your opinion but that is just one opinion. That said i completely agree that there should be a way to get to the market from the map screen just as i can for the barracks, HoO, Academy, statue, and HQ. I also would like the idea of accessing the tavern from the map but personally i'm quite fine opening the window "ONCE" and leaving it open as i cycle through my villages recruiting all i wish. No one said you have to close and reopen the window which is why i recommend you don't do each village separately. But do each window separately. Do all spies for all villages then go back through and do all barracks recruitment keeping the same window open til finished. You can even cycle through selective villages by clicking them on the map half with the tavern open instead of using the arrow keys if you only need to work on few villages. I hope this may be helpful to you with new ways to overcome your problems because these features if they should decide to implement them are going to have low priority compared to many other things that are on going right now.

DeletedUser1736

Personally I would consider game play fixes to be a higher priority then any P2W features that they may add... and you know that those are the things that they probably have stated as "higher" priority. I laughed when one of the devs commented on how inactive villages turning barbs was a low priority for the devs and that it wasn't a key broken issue. I was like seriously? That should be a very high priority on their list because it actually is a key feature that they need to work on, but I digress back to topic.

If everything could be done on one window that would be helpful... but I don't see the overview window as being it... for me the overview window seems to be very clunky and unorganized personally. I also meant for spies and market carts to be added to the unit bar the whole time for this thread, never the unit tab. For me saying unit tab and unit bar almost the same thing so I apologize for whatever confusion was generated from that.

DeletedUser924

The features i was talking about aren't the features you classify as pay to win i was talking about the bug preventing anyone from nobling a village as their troops marched off into oblivion. i'm talking about how easy it is for this game to become spy wars instead of tribal wares where every just throws sabotaging spies at each other. The bugs that allowed my mere 2000 troops to clear a full D in one hit are the ones i think need to be addressed first. Right now its the sabotage feature that i think has all the attention since it has almost dominated these forums for about two weeks. with many people quitting or threatening to quit testing til its fixed.

DeletedUser1736

I think it's actually moronic for the people that are sabotaging villages down to the ground as you're hurting yourself as well when the village is taken over as you then have to rebuild the village from scratch rather then have a noble ready village with a strong economy just my two cents about the sabotage feature. And I wasn't referring to any specific P2W feature, I was referring about P2W in general with that being the focus of what I feel devs mostly do.

DeletedUser894

willdin;n24968 said:
I think it's actually moronic for the people that are sabotaging villages down to the ground as you're hurting yourself as well when the village is taken over as you then have to rebuild the village from scratch rather then have a noble ready village with a strong economy just my two cents about the sabotage feature. And I wasn't referring to any specific P2W feature, I was referring about P2W in general with that being the focus of what I feel devs mostly do.

Who says you have to take the villa if it is knocked down to the ground?

DeletedUser1736

Well no one, but it is the whole idea of the game to take over the villages of other players.

DeletedUser924

On a basic level that may be true but unlike the first TW the rules to win this game a re different check with the wiki about fortresses and you'll find that the winner of a kingdom isn't necessarily the one who has the most villages or points like it used to be.