Speed x 1 ?

• Thread starter DeletedUser2907
  • Start date

DeletedUser2907

And could you tell us speed is set to 1 ?
Spent some my free time just becouse it was speed 3 - now you take even that.

Done with that game and that company.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2907

Btw ... Credits not reseted, no extra items/tools for reset, changing speed - time to go back to Grepolis.

DeletedUser2907

LiarAird wrote :

Hello Warriors!

We have had a lot of questions about our servers and what will happen to them in the future. There have been a lot of rumours about what InnoGames tends to do with beta servers and how they should be handled. It is true that some of our other games restarts there servers at certain points to test features etc.
To put all rumours to the ground, this is how Tribal Wars 2 will handle beta servers:

Tribal Wars 2 beta will not restart / reset our servers, which means that your accounts and your progress on our servers will not be lost.

If we decide to test specific features that requires a new world, we will then create a new world to test these features.

We somehow accepted the reset .. but now it woud take month with speed 1 to rebuild to level we had. Shame on you.

DeletedUser40

The entire world was announced as a world that would be reset from time to time.

Our test with speed 3 was only a test to see how it would perform.
It did not perform properly, therefore we will not be having higher speed again, any time soon.
There is multiple announcements about this world and the reset.

This is a beta server, that is aimed at testing features and new stuff.

Hagoromo

How did it not perform properly? That was my best experience in tribal wars 2 and now you are taking it away. Please consider changing it. It is sandbox anyway so let us have some fun. I guess the speed of world doesn't affect other tested things so why not. Moreover, not so many players will be eager to play and test stuff with speed x1 and these resets. Speed x3 makes that world good enough to play on. I think more people are feeling the same way.

DeletedUser2907

Please let me know where was any information that x3 is "only a test to see how it would perform" and will be change.
x3 speed is the only way to play with that game. x1 is a massacre not pleasure.

DeletedUser2258

+1 Hagaromo.
Yes there was big issues with the game playability but those issues are present in the normal servers too. I am also curious what exactly went wrong or why it didn't perform well? Please give us some more info.

Evil Betty

The Only issue I saw, that our polish tribes was taking over the server and probably villages of "proffesional testers" or even support or admin players... ;p

Well now you can have it! With your lovely speed... x1
(now for saying the truth i will get ban or deleted..)

DeletedUser40

ow did it not perform properly?
First of all the game is not optimized to run with a speed higher than 1.
There is a various number of functions that runs smoothly with that speed.
There is also a number of functions that are redundant with a higher speed, thus making a higher speed useless.
The amount of request used with a higher speed is also a lot higher, which tends to stress the servers even more. Taking the "normal" lags into account more stress would be very bad and not suitable for anyone.

To get the game up and running smoothly with a higher speed would require a lot of work on the game and our servers. Therefore we are back at speed 1 for this testing session.
It is not the end of higher speed, but it was tested and we found to many bugs (both front end and back end) to keep it running properly.

Please let me know where was any information that x3 is "only a test to see how it would perform" and will be change.
Everything on Beta is subject to change. It is what we use our Beta servers for.
We test new features and for that we need to test different things, like settings and possibly down the road an enhanced start up.
We need to adjust speed and settings to suit what we want to test and what we want to achieve in our tests.

The Only issue I saw, that our polish tribes was taking over the server and probably villages of "proffesional testers" or even support or admin players... ;p

We do not have proffesional testers or staff that plays test worlds like a normal world.
We use our own server for that ;)

@everyone:
Please keep in mind that our worlds, here on the beta server, are only worlds for testing purposes. We use these servers to test new versions, new features and new settings. Everyone on beta is subject to change at any time.
If you want a full on normal world, with regular wars etc I would advise you to go to your local language version.

We appreciate all the feedback given and all the help we receive from you all.
While we would all love a speed 3 world, it is simply not feasible at this time in the game. But we do know which bugs and issues we had, so those can be sorted for the feature - thanks to you all.

DeletedUser2907

So it probably means i will just quit in few days - x 1 speed TW2 is so boring to play.
Theres not many people on beta servers,i think most of them come for x3. With that resets can be acceptable.

With x1 and resets that world will be empty soon and with that policy you wont have enough testers to find bugs in that buggy product.

And sad but true - for a user if talking about technical and functional working of TW2 - theres no difference between x1 and x3 - both have memory leaks, need reload from time to time, artifacts , freezes ... nothing new if x3

I will gladly go local language serwer if there will be something faster than that x1 boring worlds which kills all joy.

IchigoPL

Well for me speed 3x for a lot of fun too ;)
and i started with idea of international competition as well as helping in beta testing
but i understand that it requires a lot of work with beta game.
consider someday faster speed serwer for international competitions it's a lot of fun ;]

DeletedUser2907

If you wanna International competition just choose net- en servers.​

DeletedUser2755

I can see your reasons, but also see it from our side. Speed3 meant play or die. Speed1 is play and wait.
It brought the fun back to the game for me for a while, have to see what the future brings.

Speed3 = things to do

Speed1 = Yawn (Hurry up and wait)

There must be several different ways of adding the fun of speed. Certain things faster to enhance the playability. Will see what the fut

Hagoromo

It seems like people care more about the speed than bugs(which appear anyway), so do I. Probably it's more expensive to keep the world with x3 speed but c'mon, you can afford that for your lovely community. And with x3 speed you will be able to fix problems step by step with knowledge about side effects, make game fun again and hopefully create faster local language servers as fast as possible(which will result with much more players and probably $$ for you). Like people said, the server is almost empty now and probably will be completly empty after another reset with x1 speed. I beg you bring x3 back

DeletedUser2959

I'm going to (attempt to) look at both points of view, and come to a conclusion.

Players: They want 3x speed, because it's more fun. As a player, I can confirm that higher speed is more fun to play. Construct buildings faster, more loot/resources, and one thing I think is pretty big: Faster troop movement. Noblemen take 35 minutes per tile to get from one city to an other. If someone tries to go from one city, to a target that's, let's say 5 tiles away, it would take 2 hours and 45 minutes to get there, and the same to get back. If you only have 1 nobleman you'll need to hit the city 3-5 times before you take it(we'll assume 4). If we assume that the nobleman lands at the exact time it says, and that he instantly goes to attack the city the second he returns, then it would take 22 hours overall to capture it. but by that time, they would have gotten back 22 more loyalty, so you'd probably have to attack again. When everything takes more time, it means that people who prefer to play casually get pushed away, and insomniacs will dominate the world(a lot of the time). By speeding up worlds, you allow people to build up quickly, and have more fun playing(the insomniacs still do well, but now people have a chance).

Devs: They want 1x speed. I understand why they would take this stance. They want to make everything polished(Polish), and give everyone the best experience possible(I hope). Not to mention they have to mess with the code, which can get annoying when you try to get rid of bugs sometimes. And if the servers get too stressed out, it could crash/cost too much money to support. I would hope they're truly are looking for the best for the players. If they can get 3x speed in the future, that means that too many thing may be going wrong(Keep in mind they see the game very differently. We don't really know what the game is supposed to be like at it's 100%), and they need to switch it to 1x so they can address the problems, and get back to whatever speed. This makes sense.

Conclusion: I understand(to an extent) how each side feels, but I'll have to side with the devs. This may be only a temporary choice, at least until further information in released, but if their intentions are as predicted, I think it's okay. I'll probably play less TW2, and may get back to Grepolis, but judging from the fact that we're like the audience of a play(If the actors forget some lines and improv some things, they know something is wrong, but the audience only sees the play), We should be patient and wait for any further disclosure. Sorry for the lengthy post, but thanks if you read it.

DeletedUser1625

Regarding the stint on the x3 world I do have a few things to say, somewhat of a review I guess.

What Liam said about the game not being ready for x3 speed is completely correct. Fundamental game mechanics that they have tried to add into the game for richer gameplay were simply being overlooked.

For example the second village feature, this is a quite powerful feature they added in but as I pointed out in the feedback thread for sandbox. I had nobles before beginner protection had ended and thats the same time 2nd villages would be completed. This means to the players going for value, there is no benefit to the 2nd village and ignoring it is the value oriented approach. It was also clear that beginner protection was far too long. Back on Tw1 speed rounds the beginner protection is/was tailored to the speed of the world. Sandbox with 5 days BP was too long as I mentioned previously people had nobles before BP had ended. I believe the intended gameplay is for people to start brawling once BP has ended and not to noble immediately. It does drastically change the gameplay as I found myself immediately attacking bigger players looking for a second village as opposed to clearing all the villages in my province that had gone inactive for farming.

There is also a number of functions that are redundant with a higher speed, thus making a higher speed useless.
The amount of request used with a higher speed is also a lot higher, which tends to stress the servers even more. Taking the "normal" lags into account more stress would be very bad and not suitable for anyone.
Regarding these two points, I believe its the functions that are useless at higher speeds not the higher speeds being useless themselves. As a few have pointed out speed worlds are the most fun I think you can have in tribal wars.
As for the the server, it was perfect for me, I don't know about everyone else but it was as responsive as ever for me. I can certainly agree though that a larger world would certainly break the servers.

All in all I really liked the experience and I really think that the first trial was only a little way off the mark and I think that saying its far away from being realised is a really sad day :/
Speed rounds maybe with a player limit or something would be really good