Sabotage Feature

• Thread starter DeletedUser1587
  • Start date

DeletedUser1587

Sorry I did not know where to post this, so I posted it in both forums...
As it seems none of the forum admins actually read the old post, I had to post the new one.. I think that it is very clear that a lot of players think that this feature is unbalanced and needs some changes. So I suggested that instead of being able to sabotage buildings (afterall, if a player is well defended and inactive, what do I do with his city once I demolish it, I can very well take a inactive 200 point player instead...), the feature changes so that we can sabotage units (yes it's not very realistic, but also sabotaging building=burning them, fire can be estinguished, which is not available in the game, that is not realistic too).
IMO this feature would in this case be much more balanced, active players would be able to defend easily (either sending out troops or building scouts), but not to the point that they can avoid it in every case scenario, well it would also leave a lot of place for advanced tactics (like sending 50 sabotagers 2 sec before the train, etc.), which I think this game is all about..

DeletedUser80

The sabotage feature is buggy at the moment - we know that. The devs are working at full speed to fix that issues.

DeletedUser2258

Sabotaging units would be catastrophical BlackOne just think about it, one can have his nuke gone over night if a mass attack is sent on him.
Instead I came up with this idea please consider to think about it:

To damage a building with high hit point would need more than 1 attacking spy than the lower ones. Makes sense right? So let's take for ex the HQ. Suggestion: assuming the sabotage mission is successful, to damage a lvl 24-30 HQ it needs 5 spies, lvl 18-24 4 spies lvl 12-18 3 spies lvl 6-12 2 spies and finally lvl 1-6 1 spy. This can be applied to all buildings. This would prevent destroying high point villages by sending waves of 1 spy. Also it would give the defender more time to react, and somewhat would balance the whole sabotage system.

Note: I have plenty of experience of sending and receiving sabotage attacks I lost ~20k points due to building losses and I think the suggestion above would benefit the actual system.

DeletedUser1587

I know, but one can lose his whole village with Sabotage Feature (like from 10K points to 100 or lover over night), isnt that even worse?? (if the Farm gets downgraded, yu also lose troops, so in this case you lose your villa + your whole nuke)...
Also I like your idea, but is there any way to defend when more than one player is spamming you? I would say the answer is still no, at least if my idea were to be adopted, people would be able to defend when they are online.

DeletedUser2258

Actually when you loose your farm your troops remain in the village they don't disappear. Only that you can't recruit more. With my idea the buildings would be much harder to destroy and with a low success rate destroying a village would be impossible in a night time. In addition it would be nice to be able to send spies as support so you could defend against enemy spy waves more effectively.

DeletedUser1587

Oh yeah you are right... the troops wont disappear. But you said my suggestion is catastrophic because a nuke ca nbe destroyed over night... OK, correct me if I am wrong, but a nuke can be destroyed over night anyway, using only a small amount of units (compared to the amount of units in the nuke), so I dont know what the problem with that is. Also your suggestion is ok, but I dont think that it is more balanced than mine, even if its harder to demolish buildings that way, you still have no way to defend against it (you can just hope that your lvl x building will have enough hit points to withstand the sabotage). And for example if you have a lvl 30 building which you spent around 30 hours to build, it can still be destroyed within seconds anyway, and you can just stand by and watch if your spie have already been killed... no matter if your online or offline (Catapults can do this job too, but with far greater cost for the attacker)

DeletedUser2258

A nuke can be protected with defenders and you can see the incoming attack. This is a wargame and if someone destroys my army with his, be it, he outsmarted me, but killing an army with spies it's just nonsense. With my suggestion lvl 24-30 buildings would require 5 spies, so it's really makes hard demolishing high level buildings. People wont train 5 spies that easy and send them to sabotage with the knowledge they could easily die. That involves a risk and many won't take that. So your village still could be damaged but not destroyed.

DeletedUser1587

Well yeah it would be very hard to destroy a vilalge. But my idea would also give a solution to clearing a lot smaller villages full of defences where you have low morale and which would require an imense amount on nukes to clear... Also yes, I accept, when it comes to fights between active tribees or players, your suggestion is better than mine, but we can't forget other aspects of the game...

Barbiearian

Squire
Fatal_Error;n23481 said:
The sabotage feature is buggy at the moment - we know that. The devs are working at full speed to fix that issues.
We are being subjected to this bug - full force - by a big alliance repeatedly. It has been stated many times that those that knowingly use bugs will be banned - I hope you stick to your word - even if those that are doing it happen to be big spenders (although the cynic in me suspects not).

Buggy or not - its a stupid idea - an army attack from a bigger alliance can be defended against - but, if you take a big alliance who decide to use sabotage against a much smaller alliance - there is no defence possible against it. You get no incoming warning - you cannot send spies to support (even from your own cities). It takes 30 mins to recruit even one spy. So - they send a couple of normal spy attacks to make sure you have no spies there - then, they can send multiple 5 x 1 sabotage attacks on a city. Doesn't take a mathematician to work out its possible to completely neutralise a city with no defence available at all. Then, you wonder how on earth you can look at invading a bigger alliances province - if they can all do that. Stupid idea full stop. Tell the devs to kick the drug habit and stop coming up with stupid ideas. I mean - they even came up with a lvl 15 tavern - yet the bonus only comes up to 12. Bad Bad Bad part of the game.

DeletedUser1919

Barbiearian;n24248 said:
We are being subjected to this bug - full force - by a big alliance repeatedly. It has been stated many times that those that knowingly use bugs will be banned - I hope you stick to your word - even if those that are doing it happen to be big spenders (although the cynic in me suspects not).

Buggy or not - its a stupid idea - an army attack from a bigger alliance can be defended against - but, if you take a big alliance who decide to use sabotage against a much smaller alliance - there is no defence possible against it. You get no incoming warning - you cannot send spies to support (even from your own cities). It takes 30 mins to recruit even one spy. So - they send a couple of normal spy attacks to make sure you have no spies there - then, they can send multiple 5 x 1 sabotage attacks on a city. Doesn't take a mathematician to work out its possible to completely neutralise a city with no defence available at all. Then, you wonder how on earth you can look at invading a bigger alliances province - if they can all do that. Stupid idea full stop. Tell the devs to kick the drug habit and stop coming up with stupid ideas. I mean - they even came up with a lvl 15 tavern - yet the bonus only comes up to 12. Bad Bad Bad part of the game.

I couldn't agree more with the idea that sabotage is completely unbalanced! At this point i've swapped all my HoO to be thieves b/c it only makes sense given the current game mechanics.

DeletedUser1587

Empo;n24386 said:
I couldn't agree more with the idea that sabotage is completely unbalanced! At this point i've swapped all my HoO to be thieves b/c it only makes sense given the current game mechanics.
So you use it because it is unbalanced, maybe the people who you sabotage feel the same.

DeletedUser80

Thank you for all that opinions. The devs are informed - so moved to "Forwarded".

DeletedUser80

FYI: If an idea is forwarded to our devs, you're still welcome to share your further opinions ;)