Restarting: Is everything meant to reset or not?

DeletedUser364

Hey,

Well somebody had to test out this part of the game... Guess I was one of the first (or first...) to have the willingness to try it. However... My question is: Was everything supposed to reset when I restarted? For example, none of the quests have restarted and I have lost the third building slot (gained through quest) and the ongoing quests which I had at the time, are still the same? My inventory still has all of the quest rewards that I gained previously though, like Loot Master, Doctor, etc.

When I first started the game a few days ago, at the beginning there were quests to help new players get onto their feet straight away and start farming from the word "Go!" (Great quest improvements in comparison to the previous game - I'm really enjoying them) but now after restarting, it seems that I am at a slight disadvantage because I am on the same level as the newer players starting, except they will have troops very soon following the quests... And I will not.

Have the quests been configured not to restart on purpose when the player restarts, or is there a certain limit set before they will reset? If so, then this may damage the whole idea of 'Restarting' on a world and starting fresh again, in a different part as it leaves the player at a disadvantage because they will not have immediate access to the quest troops like the other players around his/her area.

My suggestion would be to counteract the rewards gained from the previous expeience by possibly doing an 'Inventory Clean' in which case all items gained previously are deleted upon the player restarting, which may balance out the fact that the quests also restart and the player is given that key early ability to farm, instead of waiting a day or two before they can begin.

Any help on the matter will be appreciated! :)

DeletedUser250

The problem with the inventory clean is those items can be purchased with cash. removing quest rewards is one thing, removing things they purchased is quite another can of worms.

DeletedUser364

Nauzhror;n3732 said:
The problem with the inventory clean is those items can be purchased with cash. removing quest rewards is one thing, removing things they purchased is quite another can of worms.

I would agree with you on that - Maybe there is a way to track quest rewards and inventory rewards? In fact, may have two separate folders for either? That way, it won't matter that the quest rewards disappear - If the ones bought with premium remain, in another folder.

DeletedUser3

Thank you for your well written post and sharing your volunteer restart experience with us. The restart process will be reviewed and reworked if necessary. Thank you for pointing this out, this issue will be addressed soon.

Raikouho

I don't mind so much that the quests don't restart. The quests serve as an introduction to the world and to get you started. Once you've been beaten and forced to restart, you've been on the world for a week. You don't reset your knowledge when you restart so you still know everything. Yes, the quest rewards (troops and resources) were important but rather than restarting all the quests they could just release some restart quests, call them a new start or whatever. As for the inventory clean, that doesn't sound like a great idea. It encourages people who don't know much about the game or are new to it to use all of their boosts and quest rewards simply because they don't know how long it will be until they die.

If you do well enough in the first playthrough and have spare boosts then restarting becomes a lot easier. It seems a little stupid that you could just restart yourself into possibly a better position and be surrounded by people who maybe haven't played the game before and then beat them because not only do you have the quests you also have knowledge and experience at the game.

Just my thoughts,
Raikouho~