Resource Balance

DeletedUser1736

I believe that resources need to be rebalanced. What I mean by this is that every time that I go to the market on beta(expertus) and open beta(alnwick) and I am looking for a trade everyone and I mean EVERYONE has the same sort of trade posted. They're all posting a trade to sell iron and to buy clay. This to me says that there are not enough structures/units that require the use of iron and there are too many structures/units that require too much clay.

That is why I believe that the market is overfilled with selling iron and buying clay and asking the devs to look into trying to rebalance the cost of resources by either increasing/decreasing the cost of clay and iron. For economics sakes I believe that there should be a good balance between all three resources being bought and sold.

(*.*)

Earl
Hi :)

Everyone has the same sort of trade posted because everyone plays same style of game :) If you use your brain you can it for you and build some advantage. :)
​And it is true that you need more other resources for buildings then iron, but this iron you will need for units :)

DeletedUser1736

Honestly there is not much difference between the use of iron, clay, and wood for units...if you were to build one of every unit like the ones out of the barracks, 1 nobleman, and 1 berserker and 1 trebuchet the total wood, clay and iron costs are 46603, 54358, and 54816 respectively so in that sense I would say resource usage, if you were only building units, is fairly balanced. It is my opinion that where the resource management is not balanced is the building structure as iron appears to be far below the rate of being used when compared to clay and wood.

With numbers to back it up... for a new building level regardless of the current level:

Clay is the highest resource need for a new level for all buildings 11 times, wood comes in 2nd with 3 and iron in last with 1.
Wood is the 2nd highest resource needed for all buildings 10 times, iron in 2nd with 4 times and clay in last with 3 times.
The least needed resource for all buildings is iron which comes in as 1st 10 times, wood in 2nd with 2 times and clay in 3rd with 1 time.

I mean it might be with the theme that clay is needed for the foundation of buildings so that's why it's needed so much to create the structures and improve them, but still the fact remains that clay is used much more drastically then iron leaves it so that everyone is asking for clay and selling iron but no one will get these types of trades because everyone needs the same type of trade...

DeletedUser894

I balance my mines by using the recruitment of different troops. Ok, so that's easy in your 1st villa if its mixed. But then as you specialize you have different villas with different needs. One with HC needs shed loads of iron, thus you move res between your villas.

DeletedUser1736

Zaen;n17539 said:
I balance my mines by using the recruitment of different troops. Ok, so that's easy in your 1st villa if its mixed. But then as you specialize you have different villas with different needs. One with HC needs shed loads of iron, thus you move res between your villas.

To me that doesn't really makes sense, because unless you're going for a village that is purely army with nothing else you can upgrade all the buildings to max so all the resources can be produced at the same rate there's no shortage of resources being produced it's how those resources are being used that is uneven.

DeletedUser3

I think this strongly depends on your play style. For now I think this does not need to be re-worked. Thank you for your suggestion though.

DeletedUser1614

in the beggining there will be problems with clay if you're building intesively+troops. later on, it will overflow. no need to rebalance