Answered Regarding the state of Rudimentium

DeletedUser1625

On Rudimentium (Beta world 3) the Wandering Kings are currently ranked 1st in the world. We currently have approximately 20.8 times more points than the rank two tribe, of which personally I have 2.79 times their points. Of the top 25 players 20 are Wandering Kingsmen. In the world there are 5059 villages. Of those we control 991. That gives us a control of ~19.6% of all the villages in the world.
Those are the facts, past this point is my analysis and guesses.
In the top 200 players there are 1488 villages total. Of those we control 989 villages, giving us a control of 66.4% of those villages. Now I will claim that we have most of the active players left, 30/44 are active. I do not believe that the remaining 157 players in the top 200 (we have one new player ranked 207) would reach this activity rating of ~2/3 but humoring this I will remove only 1/3 of their players as well as the villages of our inactives. Now for the first 18 inactive players I found I manually removed them and then for fairness removed the remaining bottom 34 players

This being done leaves W K with 793 villages and the rest of the top 200 with 327 villages. This amounts to us having 70.8% control of the "active" players. I believe this dramatically undershoots the mark, and would guess truly removing all inactive players the number would be closer to 85%

So my question finally now that I have arrived here is when can I finally sleep? Its been 182 days, and I have just hit 1 million points. When will you delete inactive players and give the Wandering Kings the crown of Victory we deserve. 70% domination of active villages is what was required to trigger closing of joining and begin the endgame, we have reached that. When can we finally win?

And if its not 70% or if you want to dispute my numbers, please tell me when we can close this world, and declare it won.

PS.
Q: When do inactive players/villages become barbarian/abandoned villages?
A: Villages of the inactive players become barbarian/abandoned villages after 30 days of inactivity.

Definition of inactivity: not logging in for 30 days, if a player logs in and does nothing that counts as if he/she is active and the timer resets.

This is simply not true, they don't do this, I still have my 51 point village neighbours from when this world began 182 days ago ( 6 Months and 2 Days ago! )

DeletedUser40

That function is not working currently and have not been working at all until this point. It is how it is ment to be though.
We do not have any plans of any sorts of endsgames yet, neither can we declare anyone victors of a world yet.

We are in the talks of figuring something out with this, but it will take some time still.

DeletedUser1625

So what you are saying is that from roughly around now the 30 days of inactivity has begun counting on all those accounts??

DeletedUser80

No. He said, that we are still in contact with our devs and that he can't say a exact date, when the function is working ;)

DeletedUser1625

Ahh I see, I interpreted it as up until he posted it they weren't working and that now they were.
My bad, thanks for clearing that up.

gencyde1

This is pretty much sums up all beta servers atm. Us in Expertus are also experiencing massive dilution overall - increase in inactivity with packets of active players left - usually separated with "wide" desert areas of innactives. By wide, I meant 2-3 days travel times - no one would want to play that.

LOB vs ZAR is still on going - but I see it mostly as two massive tribes (LOB is just too fat while ZAR just ran out of gas) going at it but since both are just too big to end things, players either get sick of playing (sometimes investing nukes after nukes just to move by 1-2 province, which takes about a little less than 1 month to make each) OR just dont bother with it anymore - I mean if anyone wants to play the conquering game, there will always be those inactives to deal with. It's already bad that these inactives haven't turned to barb yet.

At Expertus - top ranks just broke 3 mil points, with some lagging behind around high 2mil. Even at this size - it takes a massive amount of time to control everything. It literally takes hours upon hours to sort things out. It has become a task rather than a game. (Which honestly contributed to my take on buying crowns - which is "dont bother, it wont really change my experience here anyway").

LOB is about the size of the next 4 tribes combined - which are pretty much the only active tribes left out there (Summed up total of approx 190 mil points). Accounting inactivity - I would put it to around 50% of that. It's that bad. And I am pretty sure that everyone that are still there are just waiting for that end game to happen.

I personally know 3 people that were pretty active for awhile but then decided to just let go of the game since it has become a hassle to deal with it - all they want is to play the end game and they will never reach it now.

For me - I just never invest that much time now. Only when something interesting is happening really. Building/recruiting are just annoying now - while I never even bother to keep my warehouse from going red anymore (its not like I will need that much resources anyway).

Serious suggestion: better start the end game - or you would end up with skeleton servers. If things remains as it is - you will be left out with a dead world with nothing, and at the same time lose both the active players plus potential newcomers in the game. Which we all know a lose-lose scenario in anyway you look at it.

DeletedUser40

Serious suggestion: better start the end game - or you would end up with skeleton servers. If things remains as it is - you will be left out with a dead world with nothing, and at the same time lose both the active players plus potential newcomers in the game. Which we all know a lose-lose scenario in anyway you look at it.

We do not have an end game we can start, as mentioned above.
But we are working on a manual solution, that could come in handy, for these situations.
Thanks for your feedback though