Reading espionage reports

DeletedUser2675

I got a noobish question - just making my first steps in TW2 and trying to understand the gaps from TW1.
I tried to find a similar question in the forum but failed even though it's rather basic questions. The wiki doesn't explain it in details either ...

Someone sent spies to my village trying to spy on my units.
I had 3 spies there - one of them died and I killed one (looking at my achievements I can figure that out).
In addition - in the report I see the units I had in town but the line for units out of town is all zeros in spite of the fact I had quite a few units out of town.

1) Can I estimate how many spies the attacker had from the above information (I could not find any calculator or any data on that) ?
Generally speaking - how does it work ? Can one spy defend against a single spy ? 2 vs. 2 etc ?
2) Did the report not include my units out of town because of the spies ratio ? Would it include it if the attacker had more spies ?

Thanks !

DeletedUser40

As much as we would love to answer your questions, these formulas are hidden (secret). We can not provide you with the information you are requesting.

DeletedUser2675

Thanks for the quick reply LiamAird.
I understand that you cannot officially answer my question.

However - there must be some knowledge acquired by common players by now that could at least shed some light on these questions.
I assume it is not forbidden to discuss these type of issues on an open forum as long as people are only sharing their experience.
At least the second question should be easy enough to answer by players that saw multiple spy attacks by now ;)
I'd appreciate any UNOFFICIAL answer by members of this community ;)

Thanks again

DeletedUser40

Of course, any player based knowlegde of any matter is allowed to be discussed. We will not, however, be able to confirm these. :)

DeletedUser924

Your report didn't not include away units because the attacker only got a red report not a green flag. Since they did not see it you don't either as you are seeing exactly what intel they got away with. if you had 3 and lose one i will tell you they sent no more than for and more likely only 2 or 3 since they got a report. These formulas may be secret but some experience allows you to estimate things.1 spy could defend a village from one spy but mot likely only once because it would die then you would have nothing so best to keep three around. the 4th and 5th are expensive so sav those for later once finished building.