Forwarded Rallying

DeletedUser2759

defense is over powered at times. you can have 1000000000 troops defending but you can only have so many troops in a village to attack at once. it would be cool if there was a way to have your troops rally in front of the village then send them together all at once in one attack or set multiple rally's for nukes or nobles. the rally point would be more useful.

DeletedUser80

Thanks for your suggestion. I think, that would be overpower the offensive. If a village is deffed by 100k (or sth like that) units, you have to plan a offensive with your tribe or your friends. There are a lot of tactics to break the defense.

Nevertheless... Further opinions?

DeletedUser2818

Lost a defensive village today that had 25k spears, 29k swords 15k bows and 5k HCs, it is possible to break through(took them about 15 full offensive villages) it is just expensive. Seeing as how offense can be sent and timed from 40 hours away and still do damage if you get a church in the province, having even stronger off will make it way hard to defend.

DeletedUser80

Please don't discuss about how to break the defense. Please give only feedback to that suggestion :)

DeletedUser2759

How about theres a cap? only so many troops in the rally point, and the enemy could see the rally point? and spy it if they wanted but not attack it.
this could make it less overpowered.

DeletedUser2990

Remove the stack bonus for defenders. So that it shouldn't be an extra benefit of having alot of troops in a village. Atm, it's so easy to see where the real attacks go, and clearing the villages are made extremely hard because of stack bonus. Even if you try to do an offensive plan with 300 villages, you will to time extremely well with your troops to take 1 village, otherwise they will just shift their defense.

Only way to get villages from a 3 million player is to play dirty, by attacking at their offline times, but still need to send atleast 20 full clears for 1 village. Otherwise you will have take over villages with 50% morale and 2-3 days walking time (ofcourse the obvious reinforcements that walks behind it). Defenders are overpowered late game when everybody builds in every village armoured cavalry, because they're waaay to strong. They don't have a real weakness, they're just overpowered fast troops that can out-run timed attacks that are 30 mins of an other attack. Now most players are just bored, because they need to wait 1 month to build an full offensive army, while losing 20 full offensive armies for 1 village. Either remove the stack bonus for defenders, so it fair for both sides. Or make troops faster to train for attackers, so they do something. I have a feeling that the makers of Tribalwars 2 are just here for the money and balancing the game comes secondary job.

They even invest money to advertise the game, while you don't need any if the game is solid, like the previous tribalwars or Travian. Afterall, the game is in beta why advert an broken browser game. It only destroys the hopes of the new players who are pickier than me. They won't come for a second try. Sorry, I know the "we're really working hard to balance the game" excuse over and over. I only see more options to spend money lately, like resource depot (unnecessary, doesn't even solve any problems), or buying troops feature.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2759

I agree, im mostly defensive, i control 3 provinces where im the only person in it, if someone attacks me they would have to use 20 villages to take one, but sense there's a 3 province spread of defensive units, i can shuffle around troops pretty easily if a attack is coming, it would be hard for any player of any size alone to take me out unless they had 20 nukes next to me and 20 more defensive villages supporting them. Also another thing i hate about tribal wars 2 is the time consumption, I spend months building units to send them 2 days away to die so i can rebuild and try again in 2 months.
Early game, the game is fun and competitive, late game, "oh lets wait for this guy to get off so me and 20 other people can rim him out over night before he wakes up."
Defense is way over powered in my opinion and needs to be nerfed or offense needs to be given some better strategic benefits.

Ken

I read about how defense is way overpowered. It is only over powered to those without good strategy or to lazy to deal with stacked villages. Offense if anything is overpowered in this game.