Purpose of Rally point?

juv95hrn

The wiki and tooltip for Rally Point says the following:
"
This research increases the time it takes to recall your armies from an operation from 5 to 10 minutes."

I suppose what it is intended to mean is that you have 10, instead of 5, minutes to recall your armies after you have given them a marching order? Recalling is instantaneous. And if it wasn't, why would you want it to take alonger time? That would actually be a disadvantage. Can anyone confirm the functionality of the Rally Point and explain if the explanation is incorrect and what it should be.

Thanks...

DeletedUser894

Rally point allows your troops to be recalled within a *window* Initially 5 minutes of sending an attack, at L5 it is 10 minutes. You can also set your presets for attacks and support. Click here to visit the wikki page.

juv95hrn

It seems it is 5 minutes at L1-4 and then 10 minutes at L5. As you can see I am quoting the Wiki, and the text is incorrect, or at least very misleading at best.

DeletedUser894

Why is the text misleading? At L1-4 you have a 5 minute window to cancel an attack. At L5 you have a 10 minute window to cancel. This allows you if you have made a mistake, say you clicked atack instead of support, a period of grace to recall the troops. Once the time limit has passed you cannot recall. Granted it may be better to say *This research increases the allowed time to recall your armies from an operation from 5 to 10 minutes after having been sent.* I will pass on the suggestion that it is changed to make it clearer.

juv95hrn

You should do that. The current text means something else. It could be changed to "This research increases the time THAT IT IS ALLOWED to recall your armies from an operation from 5 to 10 minutes."

DeletedUser924

There is more misleading info about the rally place I forget whether it was in the wiki or the quest but it states that a large army needs a large rally place, but in reality this is far from the truth. No matter how large your army gets the need for the rally place does not change nor is there a need for level 5 outside this tech. It seems to me that if someone is quite certain of themselves then the need for those extra 5 minutes is gone and thus the need for any rally point past level 1 is non existent. I also don't think that those 5 minutes will really make a difference in correct a mistake because if you didn't notice it in the first 5 minutes you are further unlikely to come back and notice in the next 5.

DeletedUser894

You may not notice it, but if you are sending support and hit attack by mistake the person on the receiving end will. If there is 10 minutes to cancel there is a much better chance of you being informed and managing to recall and resend. I speak from experience here, in TW1 i seemed to manage to accidentally attack on more than one occasion.... Most times i got a mail/skype in time but not always!

DeletedUser2186

I'm playing in worlds 3 and 4. In world 3 I have not noticed a limit to number of attacks I can send. In world 4 I can only send 50 at a time. Is that 50 per city? Does that number go up if I increase the level of the rally point?

DeletedUser924

I had read that there was a limit somewhere but i just sent 100 attacks and i have never hit that limit. now i never sent more than 15 per village so that could be it. though there is a lack of information that i can find as to how that works.