Preset recruitment

• Thread starter DeletedUser2818
  • Start date

DeletedUser2818

I am wondering a bit about preset recruitment. As I understand it, if I make a preset of 200 swords and 200 spears, each time I press the preset it will attempt to add that number of units to the recruitment queue. What I wonder is, if I make a preset of a total of 20k farm population(whatever the specific number of a level 30 farm with building provision included), will the preset recruit up to the sum?

for example let's say I have 200 axemen. The preset is made of 200 axemen and 100 bowmen. If I press the recruit preset, will it add 200 axemen and 100 bowmen to the queue, or only the 100 missing bowmen? I would very much like to tailor preset recruitments for full villages and then simply press those to recruit towards fulfilling them, but if it each time simply adds the preset to the queue then I guess it will produce too many axemen(for example) to be able to reach the desired light cavalry and mounted archers. Is it possible to add the option of "recruit up to" the preset so that it will fill the specified units before adding more?

DeletedUser40

The preset works in sorts of groups.

If you have a preset with 200 axe fighters and 100 archers and you only have 200 axe fighters present, it will only be 2/3 of that preset.
If you would recruit with this preset it would recruit the units, that are missing for this preset to be complete. It would therefore recruit the missing 100 archers.

When you have the full preset, recruiting with this would recruit both 200 axe fighters and 100 archers to once again have a full preset.

Making a preset where you spend 20k provision would then recruit, so you have all units (or as many as possible) ready for that preset.

Hope that made sense. :)

DeletedUser2818

oh I didn't know it did work like that. I will start devising some presets like this then, thanks!

*edit*
a friend and mine tried this a bit and we noticed something sad. This preset does not take into account units that have been created in the village but are out farming or defending other villages. He made a preset of 6k speares, had 4800 spears in defense at other villages, and the preset tried to recruit 2058 spears(which totals 6800 and not 6000). Would it be possible to change so that it check units that belong to the village, even if they are out farming or defending neighbours? otherwise it will feel pretty useless :/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2818

do you have any at all new information about the long awaited mass building/recruiting features we have been told for months they are coming but have seen not a picture of?

DeletedUser40

oh I didn't know it did work like that. I will start devising some presets like this then, thanks!

*edit*
a friend and mine tried this a bit and we noticed something sad. This preset does not take into account units that have been created in the village but are out farming or defending other villages. He made a preset of 6k speares, had 4800 spears in defense at other villages, and the preset tried to recruit 2058 spears(which totals 6800 and not 6000). Would it be possible to change so that it check units that belong to the village, even if they are out farming or defending neighbours? otherwise it will feel pretty useless :/

I will report this back to our developers, so they can look into it.

do you have any at all new information about the long awaited mass building/recruiting features we have been told for months they are coming but have seen not a picture of?

No, sorry. There is no news about this.