New map for Tribal Wars 2

DeletedUser2274

NEW NEW VERSION IS OUT AND AVAILABLE FOR EVERY WORLDS please check http://webmaster.silysart.com/tw2

I am here to present you the BETA version of a game map tool I've developed for Tribal Wars 2. It is composed of two elements :
  • The script that update my database :
This script is a Chrome Extension available on google chrome store to allow you to update the worlds you play automatically.
  • The map :
There is a map for every servers of every countries just go on http://webmaster.silysart.com/tw2
Advancement :
For the moment I've done the biggest part of my job. I will read every feedback and improve my tool.
Still remain browser comptabilities (it works perfectly for me on Google Chrome under Linux).

In dev features :
- None

Error log :
- Browser comptabilities

DeletedUser1883

I'm sorry friend, but that link just goes to a 404 error. Would really like to check it out though. One thing that everyone really needs is a world map and I commend you for putting in the effort for it.

DeletedUser1883

I don't understand the interface. Is there a way to highlight certain tribes or members on the map? I am English and I play on Expertus world. I think that it would be most useful to have a world map that one could highlight tribes and individual members. I really appreciate your effort though and I know that you are still working on it. These are just my thoughts.

DeletedUser2274

So you want that by tipping a tribe name or a player name it highlight every villages of the tribe/player ?
I can do it for sure, but for now there is a solution : if you put your mouse on a village belonging to a player, his other villages will be highlight (in blue) and the one of his tribe too (in green).

Concerning the interface it is very simple for the moment :
On the left top corner you should see two lines. The first is the position of the blue cross (= center of the scree) and the second is the position of the mouse. When I say "Position" it means the coordinate of the village juste bellow the cross/mouse.
On the right top corner you can use the 'form' to center the map on the specified position.
Is it clearer ?

Do you have a server ? so I can give you the scripts to make your own map for Expertus :)

DeletedUser894

We have a new forum for such things, Player Projects, i will move this there.

DeletedUser2284

I have a server - but I'm definitely not a programmer. the world my tribe and I play on is called Castle Del Monte. Could I simply update your scripts to show that world?

Also, I have just one request that I think would make the tool most useful to me and perhaps others as well.
- If the outline and name of the provinces were visible, we could see where our villages stand in relationship to other players and other tribes. This I think is critical.
- Perhaps if you could "toggle" the village name without mouseover, it would be helpful in this regard.

Could stiff my friend. Looking forward to your continuing effort!

DeletedUser2274

For differents servers I will create differents map, just before I try to have a good working maping tool (~1/2 weeks)
About displaying of provinces names and outline : isnt't it useless ? I mean, povinces is not a real barreer in game, it just group villages .. I say this because it is hard to implement too :p
About displaying village name without mouseover : it is going to be done ! :) (except with large scale views off course) and you will be able do enable/disable other parameters ..

DeletedUser40

vskyrim, would you mind editing the first post with the tool link and a description of the tool? :)

DeletedUser2274

Yes of course I'll will do it soon. Just I'm too busy working on it for the moment xD

DeletedUser2288

Hey There. I'm curious how you obtained the village data. Did you scrape tw2stats, or did you obtain it from tribalwars2 directly? Could you PM Me some details. I've generated an interactive interface to compare Tribes against each other.

DeletedUser2288

Here's an example.
TBHcibe.png

DeletedUser2274

The chrome extension intercept relevant informations about map that are send from tribal wars 2's servers to the player. Then i send them to my server which organize and strore them into my database. These informations are then read by the web page I made to display a map.

DeletedUser1587

@vskyrim Your map is ok, just add zoom in/out option, add tag option, change the background color and it will be ok :D

DeletedUser2274

Thank TheBlackOne : the thing is there is a zoom in/out option (that will be improve in a new version) but it is only optimised for Google Chrome now ;)
Don't you like black as background color ? Whatever, everything is gona be settable :)

Archmob

Im really curious how does the extension get data from the game ? I also tried it using an extension or by replicating a WebSocket request but i didnt get anything...

DeletedUser1587

Thanks for your answer, I am using Chrome, but I can not zoom in/out :D
Also the black background color is ok, but the traditional white is maybe more suitable. Also are you going to be able to implement the tag option, like to tag tribes and players and assign different colors to them... ?