Feedback New endgame: Victory Points

Kroenuh

Community Manager

Victory Points

Greetings, Tribal Warriors!

As is right now, how do we define what tribe is the winner and when? Currently, we have been considering the top 10 tribes and who ever holds the above 80% of the owned village by these tribes is the winner.

Arguably there has never been a clear definition of what is the goal, as our ranking is based in points, usually this means that who has more villages is the winner... however if a player builds up more his villages the can have less villages and still have more points, and still considered to be the number one.

Not so long ago, we have in a community about 7 players with the same points and different number of villages and bash-points making it very unclear to players and the community team to understand how the ranking even worked in this case.

For a long time, our players and our team wanted a revamp to the wining conditions and give a new direction towards the goals so that players can still enjoy all mechanics within the game to its fullest and being true at the same time to a conquest strategy.

Our first idea, was the victory towers, across provinces where tribes that dominated the provinces would claim these towers. As we closer considered this possible endgame we realized that it would lead to the same thing all over again.

Much as happen since then and the Tribal Wars Team is happy to announce that we have a new endgame that will be running on the next new world. The new endgame will be based on Victory Points.

What are the Victory Points?

A victory point is given per province where the player has one or more villages, but just one point per province for each player. A province will give as many victory points, as players from each tribe are present. Each player will add his/her victory points to its tribe, this way the tribe’s victory points are the sum of points of its current members.

Where will Victory Points be displayed?

In the Tribe Ranking screen the first column will show you the total amount of Victory Points of the tribe. In the Player Ranking screen the first column you will also show you the amount of Victory Points you have as a player.

image.png
image2.png

Who will win the world?

The tribe with the most Victory Points will be the winner. When the world opens, every player and tribe will have to gather as many victory points as possible. At one point, the Game Team will announce the amount of points that a tribe needs to reach to conquer the world.

In case of a draw, we will consider the highest count of villages and after the points.

Winners and Rewards

• Every member of the winner Tribe will get 200 Crowns each!
  • Top 3 players based on Victory Points will be rewarded with 1500 1000 and 500 Crowns!
  • Top 3 players based on total bash-points will be rewarded with 1500 1000 and 500 Crowns!

Important things to know!

The victory points will not be activated on already existing worlds.

This feature is not fully complete, we still want to work on this a bit more. We have ideas such as at the start of each world a number of points will be set and the tribe that holds them for a certain amount of time will be declared as the winner. Or after a certain amount of time, periodically the amount of victory points to win the game will be decreased.

Although this feature will be activated on the next world, we also plan to have some “retro” worlds in the future.

Let us know what you think about this new end game and what would you like to see as the next improvement on this feature or what will now be your strategy in this feedback topic!

We hope that you will take part in our new endgame and wish you a good luck on the battlefield!
The Tribal Wars 2 Team

Please let us know what you think of this new endgame feature.

K zwei

Without wanting to insult anyones intelligence I have to say that there seems to have been given little to no thought to the consequences of bringing out this feature as described above.
If every player who is present in one province generates one victory point it follows there need to be as may players as possible in as many provinces as possible. Ergo if a province has 50 villages there need to be 50 players in order to maximise the generation of victory points.
What this will encourage is contraproductive.
People will run around the map getting one village in every province to generate their points. A village which will be utterly useless. One lone village is useless on its own. To be able to react fast and effective and conquer your foes the ideal accound would look like a ball slowly expanding so you have as many troops as possible as close as possible to as many villages as possible. Short attack routes and easy to defend.
Every province needs to have a church or a chapel in order to make it defendable. To have the maximum amount of troops in a province you need to have as few churches as possible since they demand a lot of provisions. So ideally in a Province with 50 villages you have one player with one church/chapel hidden somewhere and 49 other villages full of troops to attack/defend himself.
now with the new endgame feature you'd be encouraged to cripple yourself in order to gather points by inviting another 49 tammates into your province who will either all have to build a church to hold their villages (means no provisions for troops and no villages nearby to react fast in case of an emergency) or build no church at all (means villages can not be defended against an attacking opponent + there are still no villages nearby to react in case of an emergency)

Tribal wars 2 seems to be pretty much a dead game.
New worlds are getting smaller and smaller, new features barely come out anymore and the game in general seems to lose more and more players.
I understand the need to bring out some new exiting features and mechanics to give the game a purpose (an endgame) and revive it but if the new features are just a pile of garbage you might as well just shut down the game straight up rather than slowly killing it over time.

dutch pirate

Senior Moderator
Tribal Wars 2 team
Thank you for your feedback, I see these comments in different markets and I can relate to how you feel. At this moment I think we should make sure we keep the discussion going to improve the system.

Last edited:

Dartan Structive

As K zwei puts it, the new system needs some tweaks, but I believe can be made to work quite well. Keep in mind this is a team game. As such, multiple players in a province from the same tribe "should" be beneficial. This system would definitely make it beneficial.
Just a quick idea of some minor alterations that would fix many of K zwei's complaints. Instead of giving victory points to every player in a province, only give them to the top 6 to 10 players. A bit of testing may be needed to see what number achieves the desired impact. This would allow players to build up provinces with multiple villages that they would have some ability to defend. Having a limited number of victory points in a province would remove problems created by random starts/restarts later in the game. This suggestion does create an issue with determining the top players in a province. Top players could be based on either number of villages or village points or some combination of number of villages and village points. Ties could go to the tribe with the most villages or players in the province. This again, removes the annoyance of random starts/restarts later in the game in areas a tribe truly has locked down. If the tie breaker rule doesn't resolve which tribe gets the Victory Points the province should be considered contested and those victory points not be applied.
I hope this helps give you some ideas of how to make the system work.

Dair Vol

Please let us know what you think of this new endgame feature.

Hello.
I do play from beginning of this project, tribalwars2; have experience in other games and I'am a fan of this kind genres game‘s. Thus, I do want to share my qualified opinion and view regarding this project.
If the current system of game world‘s closing rules will be established as it is now, game‘s battle/war component will come to it‘s end.

There are several alternative ways of game‘s worlds closing. Although, if the current systems of „honour point“/“winning points“ has been chosen, bind it with player‘s villages, not barbarian villages. It should look like this:
- for every player from player captured village, player brings one „honour points“ to the tribe.
- for every captured barbarian village no points „winning points“ are added to the tribe.
- if player leaves the tribe, all or 85-90% of points are deducted from tribe points.
- for every lost village, each „winning point“ is transfered to the tribe who captured the village.
- „winning points“ should be bind to the tribe. Individual score of each player should be left unchanged, or even better bind to the battle points.

In addition/ as an option:
- only for every 500+/1000+ village points “winning points” are added.
- add “winning points” only for villages which were captured from enemies (as an alternative to previous bullet point)
- do not specify winning conditions by “winning points” for every game world. It’s better to set time frame 3-4-5-6…12 months, after which the best or the highest tribe‘s“winning points” rate will announced as winner.

In addition, addressing to the game administration. For Developers of any games, in particular “Inno Games” – is very important to listen and take as in a consideration, opinion or views of it’s game’s players. Especially those, who play’s on a long run basis. As an option, it would be better to make a regular in game survey system. Please, don‘t think that you know what is better for players. The only way to find out it to become a player and play on the long run basis.

Novalas

I am currently playing on Gaillard Realm as Noble tribe's war general. Many players in tribe's battle squads are wasting their nobles on taking barbs in as many provinces as they can and ignoring commonly known tribe policies and NAP agreements. As a result inactives are not internally nobled at the usual rate which increases likelihood of account pushing. Victory Point end game has caused unnecessary conflict and difference in opinions between tribemates. On multiple occasions I had tribemates conquer into my home province without permission causing mole suspicion as barb conquering in a new province was once upon a TW2 time known as an act of war and savvy battle tactic. It may take a few realms for players to adapt strategies but I suggest the developers meet the players halfway by removing Victory Points from barb conquering . Multi player battles will be less effective, some players will grow huge playing "farmville", rise to the top ten in the realm, and not know what its like to fire a nuke to conquer red. Victory Points has brought the playing experience down a notch but can be tweaked to bring it back up, though I am disappointed, I was hoping for an exciting new feature like the fortress concept. Not enough funds maybe for this design? Come on guys ,we gotta spend more coin or perhaps the developers can dip into their profits otherwise this game is on its way out.

kamarah

I agree with K Zwei's comments. It doesn't provide incentive that is in line with how the game is played. It rewards nobling barbarians and encourages non-war-like behavior. An easy fix would be to count the tribe's victory points in the way the player's victory points are currently counted. Meaning, the tribe gets 1 and only 1 victory point for having a player with 1 village in a province. Preferably, it would be better to reward victory points for having majority control of non-barbarian villages.

A more major revision I suggest:
To avoid merge-wins, victory points could accumulate over time. For example, 1 victory point per week/month/etc that the tribe has majority control, with victory set at a predetermined point amount. In that scenario that points would not transfer and would not be lost by players moving tribes/quitting/etc. This would award tribe persistence and stability as well as vigorous defense of one's province.

Players could also be ranked by victory points, which are not transferred to the tribe, and a player could only accumulate victory points based on a percentage of their control of the non-barbarian villages in a province. Say, (5 points) x (% controlled) per week, with a minimum of 3 villages to get points (to prevent early point gains while the province is still filling up). The player with the most victory points is declared winner when the world ends. Theoretically, this would allow a person who has dominated the world for the majority of the game to win, even if they happen to be rimmed before the end of the game.

Last edited: