Morale

DeletedUser1167

I believe the morale system is the biggest obstacle for the players that actually play the game in a church system. Τhe morale should be based mainly on the joining date and not on the growth rate. Maybe only a small percentage. It's not that you are protecting them like this, they just don't get any experience of the game. If you don't get 2-3 times RIM you won't learn to play. There are players around us with 4-5 k villages and 8-10k defences, they loggin one time per week propably. To clear them we need 5 nukes with 15% morales. You must support the players that want to play the game and find propably some bugs, and not the ones that want just to say "i have an account on tw2". I hear from everyone how sick this morale system is. It's like the game is telling us don't grow faster than the rest or you are done.. We already have many losses from the faith system. Just try to balance it a little. We are losing motivation on growing so eventually playing.

DeletedUser940

I do believe moral can be an issue with people that only come on once a week. the moral barrier can make it a costly investment to attack an enemy player. my proposal is to make moral a function of time in the world and points. have it so a certain point difference ratio is some negative moral from 100. while time played would be some positive moral that would work as a function of time up to 50% moral for attacker. that way lower point players would still have an advantage against attacking players, but it wont be devastating to attack them either. that up to moral number could be modified if you dont think 50% is low enough.

for an example say a player by chance grows rapidly and becomes a 25k player within the first month but there is a small player 3k right next to said player. since the moral for that attack isnt to bad it would be 70% maybe idk. say another month goes by and you are now 100k and hitting a 3k player... well now the moral is around 25% i dont know what the math on moral is but still with a time of two months lets say every 1 week after the first month it goes up by 1% it would then be at 29% moral. as more time goes by this might keep at an even 29-30% but the math is up to you. im just giving you and idea

DeletedUser1993

i agree with Luck that morale penalty is a major obstacle and I like the idea of getting time played into the morale calculation

edit:
maybe it would be more proper to include in the calculation not the time since the player started tw2, but the overall time the player owned the specific village.
first, someone may restart, but the join date of his account will remain the same, so he will suffer if "time since joining" is considered. second, the time the village is owned determines the amount of troops a player could have trained (of course, if that village has lost a nuke, time becomes slithly irrelevant).

DeletedUser1167

Attacking with half troops is propably okay, having 50% attack power. But below that it's not even worth attacking. If you have a full nuke for example 3.000 axe 1700 Lc 1600 Ma 200 Rams. Attacking with 15% morale will drop your troops to 450 axe 255 Lc 240 Ma 30 Rams. It's a joke wasting a nuke to kill 500 units......

It will make us quit the game. It's so illogical to be 200k pts and not being able to noble a player with 10k cause of this morale. Why are we playing then? To noble barbarians?

The Bison

It is getting ridiculous , the map is littered with 1-3 k villages full of resource as the players have quit but no way to get at them due to the moral as they have left troops in them. And more and more Barbs are being taken being a symptom of this. When will the player villages start going Barb as well ?

DeletedUser2048

I agree with everything they say. I see warehouses full with goodies from inactive players but cant reach them. :'(

Mother Foca

I really believe that morale should get back to 100% when the player completes, i don't know, something like 45 days playing.

DeletedUser1643

I was just loosing 4 nukes for nothing, because some bigger player supported a 30% moral player.
This system is just annoying. Moral+Church malus should not work if you are getting massiv Defftroops from some big players.

Trolin

Serf
What I agree with from your post.

LuCkIsNoExCuSe;n20752 said:
- Τhe morale should be based mainly on the joining date and not on the growth rate. Maybe only a small percentage.

- It's not that you are protecting them like this, they just don't get any experience of the game.

- There are players around us with 4-5 k villages and 8-10k defences, they loggin one time per week propably.

- To clear them we need 5 nukes with 15% morales.

- You must support the players that want to play the game and find propably some bugs, and not the ones that want just to say "i have an account on tw2".

It would indeed be useful to think about these grand turtles. Also, having trebuchets in those villages, it would probably require 7-8 nukes instead of 5. Them trebuchets are pretty hardcore.

DeletedUser40

There are no plan to change how the morale works.

Morale is ment to "protect" the weaker player, like those who do not have as many points as yourself.
There should also be something to protect those, who are not online all the times, so the game can be played by a bigger majority of players.

DeletedUser1167

Protect those who quit the game from the start? Make them barbarians then.

DeletedUser1167

With this morale, the beta worlds will be finished soon enough. There is no motivation in playing the game when everyone around you has quit the game, and left a village 3k in your province with some defences inside. You will never be able to noble him with 10% morale. Will it even go 1% if we keep growing? If you want to protect the players that want to learn the game balance it at least. Make them barbarians if they don't login for a month, or start raising their moral as the days pass. Make something to make it easier for us to play. I am sick of playing this game to make nukes and lose 2-3 on one single village gaining 5k oda only. I can't remember if the morale system was the same in tw1, but all the years i played i never had such problems and i never got bored in a server. I see everyday players quit the game. We have the damage of the faith in other provinces, at least make it easier with the morale.

DeletedUser80

We are aware of this issue with players who are not deleted. It will be soon asap. But it´s normally that you loose all of your troops if you attack a player with only 10% morale. It´s the same like in TW1.