Lags, Freezes, you don't know my pain

• Thread starter DeletedUser2666
  • Start date

DeletedUser2666

The amount of lags in this game really don't make it very enjoyable.

- Map
Scrolling around the map is so laggy you loose your orientation pretty much immediately.

If you let go of your mouse button while it has such a lagspike it just keeps scrolling and you are lost completely and have to start over again.

If you jump to a Players village you sometimes just don't see it, no new villages load in and it looks like an area nobody spawned in yet.

- Freezes
Sometimes the whole screen just freezes and I cannot click anything except a few buttons. That seems to happen randomly.

Since the latest patch there are also cases where you close windows, like the tribe window and it's just all plain olive green where the window was, you cannot click anything either.
This problem was already reported in 2014, it seems, but I cannot remember having it before 1.8 got released. I started ~2 days after en7 launched.
Screenshot

There is also an issue where you scroll out of your village and the building levels get shown on your map. That also freezes everything. Sometimes switching village with the arrow buttons helps with that, in this case it didn't.
Screenshot

- Other unpleasant stuff

If I click "search the world map" and want to put coordinates in, I naturally use Tabulator to switch from the first box to the second. Now, that key somehow toggles the timeline without actually doing so, as you first have to expand it so you can minimize it again. Not sure how to explain, try it yourself.

Sometimes writing mails is very tedious because the letters appear a while after I typed them. Currently it is not too bad, which is probably due to the time and not so many people playing. Still notable, but not interfering with the speed I can actually type.

Many new players in my tribe keep trying to use different browsers to make it better, but in the end they just have to deal with it. (Firefox even produces new bugs)
I am really not sure how this game should work with more villages than the 2 I currently have.

In case that is of any help, my specs are 16 GB RAM, i7 920 @ 2,67 GHz and Radeon R9 280x. I use Google Chrome on Win8.1 Pro.

/edit:
My map just froze when I scrolled out and this happened. I tried fixing it by clicking the "next village" arrow and now I have all bugs at once.

DeletedUser40

All these issues are known and already reported to our developers.

DeletedUser924

Habsburg;n28948 said:
The amount of lags in this game really don't make it very enjoyable.

Lets just stop this whole thing right there. I know your pain but for god's sake its beta. I'm sorry but enjoyment is not the reason to be a beta player. It really isn't

DeletedUser2666

Am I confusing something here? Because I was thinking that

https://beta.tribalwars2.com
this is the Beta server and
https://en.tribalwars2.com
this isn't.

To me it doesn't really matter, because in my opinion every game looses it's Beta status as soon as there are features that require you to pay for it. Why would you pay to test stuff for someone?

Fact is that this Feedback is supposed to keep the Devs on track and not insult anybody, I do not see a reason for you to be upset. It really is just what I hear everytime I recruit someone into this game and the first impression usually matters the most.