Implemented General Tchat ?

DeletedUser33

Hi,

Have you planned later in the game to add a general chat, to talk with players who are not part of the same guild as mine?

If yes to what date roughly?

Otherwise, I think it would be nice to add this functionality, what you think?

Thanks.

DeletedUser321

I would enjoy this a lot! As I understand it, it would be just like a skype chat between two or more players? Then you could as an example have the "IG skype chat" for less formal topics, while the forums would be for longer, heavier suggestions/information.

Something to add would be to make the "IG skype chat" movable, so that you can move it around whenever you'd like. Just like the "village groups" back in TW (1).

97ac3a1c656c6fff8ed692cd63d97210.gif

DeletedUser321

I would enjoy this a lot! As I understand it, it would be just like a skype chat between two or more players? Then you could as an example have the "IG skype chat" for less formal topics, while the forums would be for longer, heavier suggestions/information.

Something to add would be to make the "IG skype chat" movable, so that you can move it around whenever you'd like. Just like the "village groups" back in TW (1).

fce90f7e9dfefd2a717c687042c26d8a.png

DeletedUser406

I agree, it would give a little more entertainment and atmosphere in the game

DeletedUser431

I accidentally just started a new thread on this. I agree that chat would really add a lot to the game.

coolmite;n2124 said:
Has there ever been discussion of in game real time chat? That was one of the things about I really liked. Even thought their chat kinda sucked (most alliances wound up using skype), it was nice to have a starting point to meet, brag, help, taunt, etc others in your world.

DeletedUser117

Yes, I also played and chat for whole world, your (and maybe allied) tribe and officers was great idea there and why not to try this in TW2?

DeletedUser431

I'm guessing adding a 'world chat' would be a pretty big thing to implement. However, after playing for a few days now, that is one feature that seems to be really missing. Since I'm not in a tribe, right now I feel pretty isolated in the game. I'm not seeing the 'massively multiplayer' side of things. I find that I set up some action (building, recruiting, attacking, etc.) then come back in a little while to check to see if there is anything else I can do. In other games, I'll hang out for a while and converse with other players. That gives you a chance to not only socialize a little, but learn and mentor real time. Currently, my only link to the rest of the TW2 community is this forum.

DeletedUser250

This was added to TW on the beta server briefly, I believe moderation was the key reason it was removed before ever being added to the other servers. The chat would need to be actively moderated or else someone would be sure to be an obnoxious twit and spam it to hell and back or there'd be the kind of inappropriate discussions that wouldn't be suitable for some of the games younger players.

DeletedUser431

I wonder how other games handle these issues. I would think some kind of report and sanction mechanism could be put in place. For spammers, an 'ignore' feature could be implemented. I'm not sure how to handle younger players. Although, again, I haven't really seen that as an issue in other similar online games.

I guess in the end, it isn't a huge deal. Once you are in a tribe, they probably have their own Skype (or similar) room set up. I just think an in game 'all chat' would be a fun way to promote community involvement - especially in the early stages when people are trying out the game, trying to learn, trying to find a tribe, etc.

DeletedUser495

My tribe and me were just talking about how to speak more easily. Actually, the system of forum is annoying for a true talk (we are obliged to go on skype for chatting easily). Great idea to implant a chat. Much more if a filtrer exists. For example, this is forbidden to posts 2 messages in 5 seconds in public (not in private like tribe or friend chat). That would be awesome

DeletedUser24

you can use the Messages to Chat, just fill in your tribe in the recipients, everybody is added and can talk there.

DeletedUser513

It would be great if we could have a chat in the right bottom corner. With few channels e.g. World, Tribe, Help etc. A lot of Browsergames have such a chat.

DeletedUser557

This would be a nice feature, but without notification if someone say something (that would a little bit bussy :p).