Discipline upgrades

DeletedUser250

There's 4 upgrades, obviously arithmetically. Otherwise you're looking at a negative margin for error after the 4th upgrade.

DeletedUser5

Don't forget the third of the 4 techs in the barracks is Fortified Roof, which improves the durability of the barracks itself, so there are in fact only 3 discipline upgrades.

They all have the same effect (reducing the spread by the same amount, e.g. 1.5 seconds), so I would call it arithmetically.
So it doesn't matter in what order you research them, the result is always the same.

DeletedUser250

If they each lower it by 1.5 that's actually geometrically.

ie. geometrically makes it be 1 - .33*3

arithmetically is 1*.67*.67*.67, where each upgrade gives less benefit than the one before it, and where even with infinite upgrades you'd only ever approach no margin of error as opposed to ever reaching it.

DeletedUser5

I think you confused the two, as *.67 is using a ratio (increasing exponentially) and therefore geometrically.

E.g. 5s - 1.5s - 1.5s - 1.5s is arithmetically, as the change is always by the same constant value.

Anyway, I hope it's clear now how it works :)

DeletedUser51

Yeah nauz you have arithmetically and geometrically around the wrong way. :p

So after the 3 upgrades your commands will only have 1% of their original uncertainty.

Also vanguard, whether it was geometric or arithmetic the result would always be the same regardless of order.

1+2+3 = 6
3+2+1 = 6

1*5*2 = 10
2*5*1 = 10