Catapults vs Hit points

DeletedUser2030

I am looking for a little clarification.
Are the number of hit points directly related 1-to-1 with the number of catapults required to lower the building one level?
Does the winning/losing of the battle factor into the demolition... if so how? I know losing in TW1, you could still demolish the target some... but not as much.

In TW1, the ideal attack was a catapult train thus requiring less overall cat#'s to destroy a building several levels. (See Cheasasures's guide: http://twcheese.forummotion.com/user...m/cats_l10.png)

The installation of hit points would appear to make the Cat train a non-entity. Sending lots at once would be the same as sending them in a wave. True?

DeletedUser2030

Soo... is this true?
1 hitpoint = 1 catapult required?

DeletedUser2008

I'm curious about this too. Also a little clarification on rams would be nice.

DeletedUser924

Hell no. if that were the case then it would take 580 cats to drop the church 1 level. The Church may be resistant to cats but it sure ain't that resistant. I can say i don't know the exact requirements for cats to overcome hitpoints but the amount of troops defending the village and the amount of surviving cats all play small roles in how much the level drops.

DeletedUser2258

You need 500 catapults to take down 1 church level with no enemy walls or troops defending. It was tested by Dement0r.

DeletedUser2258

Or... you need one level 1 spy. (4000 provisions trainable in a week time worth 400k resources vs 1 spy worth 1k resources ready in 30 minutes. Hmm, funny no?)

DeletedUser894

You can't control what the spy hits so it might just go take down the market and not the church. You may have to send many times to get the church hit.

DeletedUser924

The point may be valid buts its hardly relevant to the discussion on how cats react to hit points. Now 500 cats to take down 580 hit points by one level would suggest that we have a .86 ratio of cats to hit points assuming the scale is constant across the board which giving the complexity of the battle computations is not a valid assumption. Next you say he proved that 500 was needed does that mean he tried 499 or he sent 500 and it worked thus we now know that no more than 500 are needed but in reality 450 has the potential of also working?

DeletedUser2258

Samuri you need minimum 500 catapults. Taking down the church with a spy it may be relevant since with this knowledge nobody will ever train catapults to attack the church. By the way I sent same spies just out of curiosity to a village with church and guess what I took it down with the second spy.

DeletedUser1587

Well you always have a 1/(number of buildings in the village)-1 chance to sabotage the church... so if the defender had 10 buildings the cnahce will be 1/9 and each next time it will be higher and higher as there will be less and less possibilities other than the Church to demolish... that will go on either till you sabotage the Church or till the success chance is 100% (only a Church left in the village), so on average the Chuch should be destroed somewhere in the middle (if you sabotage a 5K villa, the Church should be sabotaged when it is at 2500).. which means that you had extreme luck destroying it with 2nd spy... which could also be exagerated (maybe you destroyed it with 10th but said it was 2ndto make you look cool).. so your case can not be taken as an example for other cases...

DeletedUser924

Elphin;n25480 said:
Samuri you need minimum 500 catapults. Taking down the church with a spy it may be relevant since with this knowledge nobody will ever train catapults to attack the church. By the way I sent same spies just out of curiosity to a village with church and guess what I took it down with the second spy.

Until they nerf the Sabotage feature as we know they will.

The black one the chance does go down but not by much because 30 levels means you have 30 chances to hit that. so you have a 1/9 chance of hitting the church for each hit until you destroy one building. It is unlikely but it is statistically possible the first 29 hits land on the HQ.