Rejected Can I clarify the process being followed for suggestions please?

• Thread starter DeletedUser2103
  • Start date

DeletedUser2103

Hi,

I would like some clarification on the process being followed to assess suggestions made by players please.

I have read this thread: http://forum.beta.tribalwars2.com/fo...n-this-section and I must say that I have never seen any suggestion have a poll attached to it. There is also quite an open statement about that you guys (the mods) know that 'some things are not feasible at this point', what criteria are you using to decide this?

The reason I am asking this is that I am an active participant over on the EN forums, and I'm finding that every suggestion I make which is beyond a very simple remit is being rejected outright. Hardly any time is being allowed for player partipication, and certainly no polls. There are only a very small handful of players who contribute to the EN forum anyway and its hard enough getting them to respond.

Over the past weeks I have made many suggestions, and I genuinely think some of these are great ideas (well I would wouldn't I). I think the reason they are getting rejected is because they are more forward looking, rather than right here right now developments. However I think rejecting these shows a complete lack of vision for future features. I'm sure there are many future features planned for the game in the medium term, and I'm disappointed that the suggestions I'm making to contribute to this are literally being shouted down, seemingly without any community discussion or feedback.

Here are some suggestions Ive made just so you can see that they are not pie in the sky but positive ideas:

* Replacing the hospital, which doesn't add much, with a choice of buildings that the player can choose from which boost a certain element of the game play, eg research, resources or troops speed.
* Implementing a more detailed tech/research tree, possibly with its own building (see above) that a player uses to research various tech upgrades in.
* Implementing a new type of mine (gold or silver) which the player can use to feed his tech research (linked to the above).
* Raising the warehouse storage a bit at lower levels (its easy to overflow if you're active).
* Allowing merchants to collect resources as well as send them. This would help if a city has few merchants spare but you want to dispatch resources from it.

I genuinely do not see whats wrong with these ideas, and I do not believe the correct process is being followed over on the EN forum. If I was to recieve feedback saying 'yes thats a good idea but its a bit too much for right now, we'll add it to our brainstorm list and discuss it at a game strategy meeting in the next few months', then I'd be happy with that. But its not happening.

Just to clarify, I don't mind if my ideas are rejected - thats not what Im moaning about. Its the way its seemingly being done, outright, by one person, with no feedback on whether the core idea is good or not. This is why I'm annoyed and I think this is understandable, if a player has gone to the time and trouble to put forward ideas.

Happy to take this into a PM if necessary.

Regards
Dan

DeletedUser80

Hello Dan,
please note that this area is only for the beta market. We've other critera than EN or any other markets. At this point we'll collect all ideas and if there are enough opinions we add a poll. At the moment there are not more than 3 or 4 opinions to each idea, therefor it make absolutely no sense to add a poll. The votes on a poll are not representative for us or for the devs. We need detailled opinions for the ideas and suggestions.There are some threads forwarded to our devs but a implementation is at the moment not planned, because there are some features with a higher priority (i.e. playability, bugfixes, coop mode, noble planner etc.).

Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerelly,
Fatal_Error
Forum Manager

DeletedUser2103

I see, so is it better if I make my suggestions here in the beta forum then, as many of my suggestions are not very minor things but things a bit more forward thinking?

I agree that there is no point adding a poll if there is nobody to vote on it. Its a shame that these forums are so little used. The EN forums I participate in, there must be only about 5 players who post anything regularly. I'd love to get more player feedback on my ideas but its not happening because no-one replies. This may be because the players think that ideas are not being taken seriously. Also when only one person ever replies (who always seems to disagree with anything) then it just turns into one opinion vs another.

Is there any more detailed guidance you can give on what types of ideas you are looking for? If you don't want longer term development ideas then it might be better to just say so.

DeletedUser80

You are welcome to post your ideas here. Each user is welcome ;)
It is quite normal that there are only a handful user which post on the forums - we are at the beginning of a brandnew game. In a few month it is surely the same like on the TW1 forums.
And no, there are no detailed guidance, but we try to forward each useful idea.

DeletedUser40

Just to clarify, I don't mind if my ideas are rejected - thats not what Im moaning about. Its the way its seemingly being done, outright, by one person, with no feedback on whether the core idea is good or not. This is why I'm annoyed and I think this is understandable, if a player has gone to the time and trouble to put forward ideas.

We base our criteria mostly on what is needed, is it a game addition or just a "nice-to-have" feature. Is it an idea that would change the game, is it a minor or big idea (do we have developer time, to spend on this idea now or in the future?). There are all bunch of stuff that needs to be considered.

It is not that most of these ideas are bad or not well thought off, it boils down to how needed the given idea is, and if it is something that is possible to do, without spending to much time and effort in them.
The Community Managers are in constant talks with our development team, so we will have another point of view on ideas, based on a lot of other stuff than "Good vs bad". There are many more factors to count in.

Hope it helped the understanding.

Oh, and rejected ideas may still be considered for future usage though. They are never rejected for life. Forwarded ideas just have ... lack of a better word .. more priority (sounds bad though, but hope the point still is there).