Barb Growth

DeletedUser250

Barb growth seems very, very, varied. Is there anything that affects barb growth, or is it completely random?

The disparity makes me think the only way it can truly be random is if it is a snowball affect.

ie. Roll a dice to decide whether to attempt to make a building every x seconds. then choose a building at random from all potential buildings, then check the village for pre-requisites, if it lacks them do nothing.

This would cause a low HQ to negate most other building possibilities till HQ itself was chosen multiple times, which could lead to villages that had HQ increases growing much, much faster than other villages due to them having more successful build attempts.

DeletedUser117

I think it can be related to frequency of farming. If many players farm same barb then it grows very slow or not at all.

DeletedUser250

Kropeq10;n3270 said:
I think it can be related to frequency of farming. If many players farm same barb then it grows very slow or not at all.

I doubt that. It's possible, but seems very unlikely, it certainly didn't affect barb growth on TW, despite the many people that were fooled into thinking it did.

DeletedUser117

I have played TW long time ago and I didn't remember that :)

But I still think so because barbs among players who I suppose farm a lot have just 50-70 points (most of them) and those between villages of weaker players are better extended (150-350 points).

DeletedUser250

Kropeq10;n3274 said:
I have played TW long time ago and I didn't remember that :)

It was a rumor for a long time on TW that barbs needed res to grow.

I think it started because someone got the wise idea of telling their neighbors that it was true, so their neighbors would stop farming the barbs to let them grow faster.

The actual result was they then got all the res in the barbs to themselves, but it seems the people that were tricked thought it was true, and told it to others, and in the end you wound up with several thousand players foolishly believing it :p

I'd actually find it rather amusing if they then actually made TW2 work that way.

DeletedUser336

I doubt that this would be true. I farm all of the barbs around me at the same rate, and some are at 300 points, some at 50. Like it was said previously, it is most likely random.

Regards,
Dark

DeletedUser5

The growth is indeed random and also takes the player villages around into account.
But contrary to TW 1, they are not built with "virtual" resources. They need the real ones to grow.

So for TW2 it's true that farming keeps the Barbs small. :)