Attacking a player with walls

DeletedUser2152

I recently attacked a low level player that had 78 troops in defense and wall level 2. He wiped my 200 spears and paladin out without losing a single unit. I just wanted to double check that I am not supposed to be attacking with catapults or something?

DeletedUser2151

Part of your problem is you attacked with defensive troops, they will almost always lose on the offensive; send axemen in like zerglings is my advice Truth

Spears are great for raiding but terrible attackers, that's why they're a defensive troop. Walls also increase defending/supporting troops defense stats by 5% per lvl iirc but baseline defense is 100% whereas your attacking force can vary in attack strength

DeletedUser2152

Thanks, didn't realise spears were primarily defensive

DeletedUser2139

Nope, you still can not loose 200 spears against 78 spears with just level 2 walls and he is not loosing a single unit.

The problem was the morale, i am sure.

When you attack a player with much lower level than you, the game gives him a fair chance by lowering your troops morale-your attack power.

The morale value is displayed on top of the screen in Information about the village and in the Attack menu.

http://wiki.en.tribalwars2.com/index.php?title=Battles#Morale

DeletedUser894

I agree, morale can be a killer, especially if you attacked out of province and had no church coverage.